Healing Ourselves through Empowerment
Empowerment refers to increasing the spiritual, political, social or economic strength of individuals and communities. It often involves the empowered developing confidence in their own capacities.
The process which enables one to gain power,authority and influence over others,institutions or society. Empowerment is probably the totality of the following or similar capabilities:-
* Having decision-making power of one's own
* Having access to information and resources for taking proper decision
* Having a range of options from which you can make choices (not just yes/no,
* Ability to exercise assertiveness in collective decision making
* Having positive thinking on the ability to make change
* Ability to learn skills for improving one's personal or group power.
* Ability to change others’ perceptions by democratic means.
* Involving in the growth process and changes that is never ending and self-
* Increasing one's positive self-image and overcoming stigma
* Increasing one's ability in discreet thinking to sort out right and wrong
In short, empowerment is the process that allows one to gain the knowledge, skill-sets and attitude needed to cope with the changing world and the circumstances in which one lives.
Empowerment can be attained through one or many ways. An important factor in the discovery and application of the human "self empowerment" lies within the tools used to unveil the truth. It has been suggested that Yoga is one such tool that can be used for more than the obvious physical benefits. When Yoga is practiced consistently the mind/body connection is apparent. Through this connection, the individual finds him or herself with a stronger sense of self and the ability to change areas where bad habits rule, negative emotions run rampant, even controlling addictions through understanding them for what they are. What can be more empowering than gaining control over self.(wikipedia)
The most powerful form of medicine is to uplift the spirit of the person. When we help people help themselves we are on the road to empowering them. Then in turn empowering ourselves.
I saw a segment on TV about the movie "Blindside". The true story about what happens when you empower a person to be better, to believe they are worth it. To achieve greatness. To stand in there own power. In the interview with family they talk about the benefit they received are greater than they give out and that there truly
blessed for it.
It is in the giving that we receive. When you unconditionally uplift another person to achieve there dreams you will receive a healing that only the Universe can bestow.
Empowerment is the true meaning of Unconditional Love.